Monday, February 9, 2015

The journey continues

Its been a while between posts - I blame work to be honest. After staring at a screen all day the last thing I want to do when I get home is more of the same. We eat early at my house because we go to bed early and get up early. The joys of living with a Postie.

But its been an inspiring few weeks and I promised I was going to document my AA journey. To be honest, its turned into more of a healthy body and mind journey and AA isnt really the focus for me anymore. AA is the symptom, not the cause. I need to fix the cause, or at least nurse it back to health.

So what have I been doing in the last few weeks that's making me feel so positive?

I start every day with 1/2 a lemon squeezed into warm water with a dash of honey. It detoxes and alkaline's my body for the day. Then I drink water. As much as I can. I've swapped two strong coffees for lemon and water as my start to the day. At first I was attempting coffee after the lemon water. It just didn't work for me. I now don't crave coffee until after I've had breakfast. Weird but true.

I'm eating breakfast more regularly than I ever have. If not a hearty start of eggs or fruit, then I have a green smoothie packed with kale, cucumber, apple, celery, ginger, berries and stone fruit. I add cacao and hemp seeds. Bam! Its such a fab start and more goodness than I use to eat in a whole day.

I've been back at work for a month now, since diagnosis and a 3 week break over Xmas/New Year. I've have stuck to my resolution and the work email remains completely off my mobile phone. It is no longer the last thing I do before going to sleep. I cant believe I used to lie there stewing over work emails while I should have been sleeping. And relaxing.

I've continued getting my nails done with shellac polish so they are strong. They were chipping and breaking and annoying me no end. Coupled with this 'me' time (something I had been denying myself tremendously well in past years) is the time I spend with my good friend from childhood, who dragged me along with her the first time. The time we spent giggling and chatting was relaxing and better than housework any day!

I've enjoyed a range of activities recently on a Saturday, where traditionally I would stay at home working on my online vintage shop or doing housework. So there's the above mentioned nails with my friend, I've done meditation, Sound healing (in a sound reflective chamber with crystal bowls, gongs and didgeridoo) Reiki, the beach and doing craft.

I went back to my new naturopath last Saturday and he was delighted to see I'm 60% there in improving oxygen supply to my brain and hormone balancing in my body. He said "whatever You're doing - keep doing it!" When I told him I'm off my back medication and he asked me what my doctor said, I was thrilled to say that my doctor didn't know because I'm not sick and I haven't needed to go see him. Nor will I ever again to that one. He is not a healer and his so called care was detrimental to my health. I was more unhealthy in his 'care' than I have been at any other time in my life. I believe it was on the medication Lyrica that my gut became leaky and my autoimmune disease was triggered. There are proven links between Alopecia and Lyrica but my doctor never mentioned it and in fact said I could be on Lyrica safely for the rest of my life.

Instead of medications I am now taking supplements. Flax seed oil, Vitamin D, Calcium, Krill oil, Vitamin C, Magnesium and hormone balancing/vitality supplements.

I have less back pain now than when I was medicated. My eyes are open and I am now receiving so much information about my own health. I am inspired to nurture myself and my health and stay away from my fright or flight zone so my body can heal itself - which you need to be calm and relaxed for it to happen.

I'm loving this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment